Instagram

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Twins

I'm skipping ahead so today's prompt is going to be TWINS

I'm going to start off with the 1860 Rusk County, Texas, census for Beat No. 6. Post office is Minden. For the first set of  NALL TWINS I have come across in my research.

The first family listed on the image below is the family of Thomas J Nawls (NALL). My 4x great grandfather. The second family listed in my 3x great grandfather, John Middleton Nawls (NALL), living in the same household is his sister Margaret SCROGGINS' family. If you look where I've indicated, the two children of J M and Mary are 6 month old twins. In my post about John Middleton's Civil War service, I touched on the illness and poverty that came to this area during the beginning of the war. I believe that illness and poverty could have been what led to the death of baby S. NALL shortly after this census. Baby S. Nall died by 1865 when the family of  three (Mary, David, and my ancestor John Thomas) are on the indignant soldier's families list.

1860 Beat 6, Rusk County, Texas 
The surviving children of John Middleton and Mary Jane GARNER NALL were:
  1. David Harrison (TWIN) 1859
  2. John Thomas 1861
  3. Sarah 1866
  4. Pervelley Ophelia 1869
  5. Charles Elexander 1871
  6. James Wesley 1874
  7. Linnie 1880


As far as I have found, none of the above children had TWINS. And to preserve my sanity, from here I am going to focus only on my ancestor John Thomas NALL's descendants and from there the descendants of his son, my ancestor, Benjamin Rufus NALL.

John Thomas NALL married Optha Ophelia RICH and they had 10 children. They were:

  1. Emma Nall 1883
  2. James C 1885
  3. Minerva Frances 1889
  4. Elsie Mae 1892
  5. Charles 1894
  6. James Arch 1895
  7. Mary Ethel 1898
  8. Roy 1900
  9. Mollie Marzel 1903
  10. Benjamin Rufus 1908
Benjamin Rufus NALL married(2) Willie Belle FOSTER. They had seven children, two of which were TWINS

  1. Charles Bryant Nall (my ancestor)
  2. Female 
  3. Male
  4. Male
  5. Male (TWIN)
  6. Wilma Jean (TWIN) died at birth.
  7. Rufus Leon Nall died in farming accident.

Their third child would marry and have four children, one girl and three boys. One of these boys would marry and have three children, two of which were TWIN  girls.  

Their fourth child had six children, two of which were TWIN girls. Another one of their daughters would go on to marry and have eight children, two of which were also TWIN girls. Their son would marry and have four children, two girls and two boys. One of those girls would marry and go on to also have TWIN girls.

Not counting the TWINS born to John Middleton NALL and Mary Jane GARNER. There has been five sets of TWINS born in four generations.

.




Until next time,
Becky







No comments: