Instagram

Friday, September 13, 2019

Home Videos


Today some clips of a home video were shared with me on Facebook from the year 1995. This home video takes place at a little house on Hwy 16 in Siloam Springs, Arkansas, belonging to my ex-husband's parents at Christmas time.




This was the same year that I first started dating Gaylan. I was 15 he was 19. It really took me back in time. I don't think I met his family until Easter of 1996. I know that was the first time I met his sister, Cookie. So many people are now gone and sorely missed. These clips are truly how I remember the DOWDY/COUNTS family. They were a close, big, happy family.  Brenda and Carolyn always prepared a big meal for the holidays. The house was full and loud. Cards were often played at the table and the girls would occasionally be huddled up in a bathroom or corner getting 'dolled up' to go somewhere. This was a good season to remember. Thank you Nerissa for sharing these with me.


For my kids: Your Dad is in the camo pants and sweatshirt in the back of the room. He is standing next to your Uncle Tony and 2 year old Jake comes back with a present and sits at his feet.

                                     
                                     









Until next time,
Becky


1 comment:

Adele said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.