Instagram

Thursday, September 5, 2019

Brothers Working Side By Side


The prompt for today, September 5th, is BROTHER.  This post will be short and sweet.

Below is a video provided by my Great Uncle Bo and his wife Bette. They shared it at the 2018 NALL family reunion and my cousin Angie shared it with me on Facebook. I took it and added annotations so we would all know who is who and I thought this was the perfect prompt to share it on my blog.

This is my Great grandfather Rufus Nall working cattle with his sons, grandsons, and brother-in-law, Art FOSTER. This wasn't too many years after moving onto Blue Mountain, Prairie Grove, Washington County, AR from around Benjamin, Foard County, TX.  To read more about the move from Texas to Arkansas, you can read this post.






If you find the video above to hard to see try clicking here.

At about minute mark 1:24 you can see Grandma Nall's house in the background. That means something to me, because it lets me know I have helped work cattle on that same ground. We had a corral and headchute by that time, but it still is something special to me to have been blessed with that experience.

P.S. If you're curious, like me, as to what Rufus' brand was, it was the Bar N.





Until next time,
Becky

No comments: