Instagram

Monday, March 5, 2018

Medical Monday - Six Year Old Has Surgery


Today I'm taking a page from my Sister-in-law's play book, who blogs over at Days of Our Lives. She frequently will do a Medical Monday post. So today I'm going to play along. This will be a short and simple post; rather than share little tidbits only on Facebook, I have decided to share them here.

In this day and age what types of surgeries do you consider risky? Is there a time in history that you would consider any surgery risky?  I had never really thought about it until I came across the following little snippet about my step-great grandmother, Edith Sauser, who at the age of six, had her adenoids and tonsils removed... in 1918!





To read about the history of T & A procedures click here. While apparently this surgery wasn't new. I still find myself thinking this procedure would have been risky in 1918.

Until next time,
Becky

No comments: