Instagram

Saturday, March 17, 2018

The Man Behind The Stories

Yesterday I shared a few stories from The Madison County Record series 'Remembering The Ozarks' that were full of wonderful stories about my Spoke Plant ancestors. They were written by Mr. Vernon Eaton. I wanted to make sure and share a tribute to him because I am so grateful for his stories. Here is a write up from that same paper, written in 2004. I am not only grateful for Vernon's stories but of all the wonderful pictures his father, Mr. Robert 'Bob' Burton Eaton took of my family. He was a really great photographer.

To read the write up click here

He really did a great job of writing. There may have been a few minor errors here and there, but it in no way takes away from the stories behind all the bare facts. I'll leave this here, as I'm off to see if he ever wrote that book!

Until next time,
Becky

No comments: