Instagram

Monday, October 22, 2018

Memories of Bampy

Another memory from my Facebook:

My sweet (grumpy), loving (not affectionate) Bampy - whom I loved, admired, and feared (just a bit) has crossed my mind a lot lately thanks to technology. During my childhood at the kitchen table he would often turn to my grandmother and say, "What'd she say Winnie?" to which she would reply "Why don't you ask her to repeat it?" to which he would reply "I can't understand a thing she says! She mumbles!" Then if he wasn't worn completely out from working in the hay fields, garden, or taking care of cattle he would wink at me...

Well here is where technology comes into play... it would seem that Text to Talk would agree with you, Bampy! It never gets what I say right! And I always hear your voice saying its because I mumble! *Sigh*
Just so everyone knows I loved my Bamby with all of my heart. He wasn't always gruff. He had a soft side, it was just a unique soft side. To show his affection to us grand-kids he would always call us to his side where he would bite our arms just enough to barely leave indentations from his teeth all the while saying, "Give me a chomp." and we would squeal like little piglets and know that we were loved. I miss you, Bampy.
Back Row: Me (Becky) and Jennifer
Middle Row: Jeremy, Bampy & Mammy
Front: April, Matthew and Jeff
Missing: Mitch, Amie and Mandi
Taken at the motel in Seymour, TX
** I also want to add that I have been blessed with a mumbler -- my youngest. She talks so fast and quiet I can never understand a word she says. Every time I have to ask her to repeat herself, I think of you!

Until next time,
Becky

No comments: