Instagram

Monday, May 15, 2017

Looking Back


I have another letter themed blog post for you today. My youngest daughter wrote to my step-dad, her Papa Steve. She asked him a few questions and I was able to get some pictures from Mom to go with his answers. I will transcribe most of his answers so that it has flow included with pictures but his original letter will be attached at the bottom of this post.

Question one: What was your favorite year? Your favorite age?

Papa wrote: The favorite year of my life, very difficult to answer as I have had many but after a lot of thought I would have to say 1981.

Mom and Dad got married 9 Jan 1981. I wasn't quite one year old yet. 




My favorite age, I would have to say my twenties because I became all grown up and became a husband and a father and I very much enjoyed my little family unit. It just seemed like everything in my life came together during that time.




Question two: What is the most important date in your life?

Papa's answer: Most important date in my life, again many to choose from but I would have to say Aug 20th 1976. This was the date I started bootcamp in the Marine Corps. The Marine Corps helped me grow up and taught me the discipline I needed to be successful as an adult.




















Question three: What fads have you seen come and go?

Papa's answer: Fad's I've seen come and go:
  • Bell Bottom pants

  • Super Balls
  • Turtle-neck shirts
  • 8 track tape players
  • Long hair

  • Hippies
  • Drive-in Theaters
  • sit-ins (protests)
  • "Have a nice day" Smiley faces
  • Water beds
  • Cruising the sonic.


No comments: